9 out of 10 startups fail. Are you in for a change?
our mission is to make sure your hard work put into Ideas and Teams pays off
Get the whitepaper "Can innovation be professionalized?"
Tips on startups and their odds of success
We enable startups beat the statistics.
We help you see and fix the issues that can kill your venture
When we can help
- help along your portfolio risk and performance - by making sure your startups master the challenges of growth
- know earlier about problems - by enhancing your investors reports with leading indicators
- support the growth of your startup - with expertise in leadership and company building
- enhance governance - with reports covering the real state of affairs
- close the ties - between your corporation and the startups with expertise knowing both worlds
- let the startups benefit - with dedicated support and corporate assets
- build a scalable organization and get on solid grounds for growth
- take shortcuts in the learning curve of building a high-performing company
- learn the (anti-)patterns of success and failure
- profit from 20+ years experience in leading innovative projects
Meet Steffen Lentz
Your StartupPilot is Steffen Lentz
Steffen is a seasoned executive used to complex endeavours. His focus is on getting the right things done.
Steffen has a 20+ years track record of running innovative projects both in startups as well as in blue chip companies. He has repeatedly built high-performance teams and delivered challenging projects in complex environments. In his executive roles he contributed by connecting the dots between product, technology, organizational development and delivery management. Among other positions Steffen was the CTO of Flynt, the first Swiss fintech to receive a full banking licence. He knows the challenges of running a startup from being in the line of fire himself.
Steffen is a published author and speaker on leadership in innovation, connecting a solid methodical expertise with his manifold practical experience.
His journey of (naturally not in all cases prosperous) ventures led to the reality-checked concepts now offered with StartupPilot.
"Steffen supported us significantly with improving our products and teams and helped us reach important milestones."
"Steffen's pronounced views enabled fruitful discussions that led to alternative solutions."
How we help you
You know how Scrum and Lean Startup help you build your product using iterations.
We help you to do the same for building a great company, and we provide the necessary feedback for learning and adapting.
We provide you with 3 elements to build and run the company you imagine:
- unbiased expert feedback - covering the critical links between product, sales, technology, organization, culture and delivery management
- a visual dashboard - uncovering potential, and putting the issues on the table - making sure they stay there until a solution is in place
- our "North Star" concept - using client value as the guiding principle on how to shape and align the different aspects of your company
Solid knowledge + a systematic approach = shortcuts in the learning curve leading to reduced risk and higher productivity,
Taking a deliberate and proficient approach to build your company will reduce the risk of your venture in many ways:
- holistic view across product, sales, technology, organization, culture and delivery management
- reveal critical issues often overseen in daily business
- guidance on how to build a productive company
- clarity on priorities, guaranteed focus on what matters most
- avoid losing money on side projects or unnecessary hires
- proper consideration of technological cost and risk
- build a healthy culture and a strong team with intrinsically motivated people
- transparency and certainty about the situation and courses of action
- Increased productivity, significantly reduced risk
Get on solid grounds for building and running your venture!